Lawn care is a pretty serious business. In fact, the United States spends approximately $30 million dollars per year on lawn care activities. If that sounds like a lot of money, that’s because 85 million households have private lawns and to keep these lawns lush, they use about 70 million pounds of fertilizer and 80 million pounds of pesticides each and every year.
A homeowner spends an average of 4 hours per week taking care of their lawn. And if they don’t have the time to do this on their own, they call in expert lawn care services. According to surveys, around 22 million homeowners hire these professionals to help them with their lawn care needs.
Here are some more interesting facts about lawn care that will be helpful to any homeowner:
- Cutting should follow the rule of one-third because cutting it too short may stress out the grass and may invite pests like chinch bugs.
- The lawn should only be watered once (or twice at the most) a week.
- Approximately 3% of plant species are classified as weeds.
- Pulling out the weeds is not a guaranteed way of killing them.
- The best time to apply fertilizer is in late spring or early fall.
Keeping your lawn in top shape can be a tricky process, but our lawn care experts at Penguin ABQ are here to help. Whether you're looking to install a brand new sprinkler system or if you need to repair your existing one, give us a call at (505) 388-0207 to schedule your service today!